Chinese automaker GAC Motor has officially released its first self-developed smart all-electric SUV GE3 into the Chinese market.
Made its international debut at the 2017 North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) in January, GE3 is based on a new EV platform and positioned as a medium- to high-end electric SUV.
The smart all-electric GE3 is available within the price range of 150,200 to 173,200 yuan (US$ 22,200 to 25,600), of which highlighting features includes:
- A range of 310km (192.62 miles) with electric power only;
- Ternary lithium battery fast charges to 80 percent in 30 minutes;
- Acceleration from 0-100 km (0-60 miles) within 9.3 seconds, braking distance 12.8 meters (42 feet);
- Peak power: 120 KW (163.2 Horsepower), peak torque at 290 Nm (214 ft-lb) ;
- A flat battery layout that sets benchmark in terms of space, comfort, safety and performance;
- General power consumption 16.6 kwh/100km (16.6 kwh/60 miles);
- Featuring smart car companion Little Trumpchi, T-BOX Internet of Vehicles 3.0 and INJOY smart entertainment system;
- An avant-garde low-poly technology modeling design with low polygon front and rear LED lamp assemblies;
- The SUV body meets North American roof compression standards.
“Since GAC Motor launched the first hybrid vehicle in 2012, our company has mastered the five core technologies in battery, motor, control unit, electro-mechanical coupling systems and system integration, developing new energy vehicles is a key strategy of GAC Motor. Launching GE3 is a start and we hope to bring products that meet the future trends while guaranteeing unique driving and riding experience,” said Yu Jun, president of GAC Motor.
“GAC Motor’s strategic emphasis in the next five years include launching new energy sedan and SUV models in all markets, achieving 400-500km mileage with electric power and fully charge the batteries in under 30 minutes to solve the consumers’ traveling concerns,” noted Yu.