Yingli to supply PV modules to a demo project in Hubei

Yingli Solar announced that it will supply 3 MWs of PV modules to a demonstration project for distributed generation in Wuhan, the capital of Hubei province in eastern China.

These PV modules will be installed at the Wuhan Dongxihu Bonded Logistics Center, an import-export facility located in the city’s bonded logistics zone. Construction of the project will begin in September 2014, and is expected to be completed within 5 months.

The project will consist of 12,000 multi crystalline Yingli Solar modules covering a total of 39,000 square meters. The project is expected to generate 39 million KWh of clean energy per annum.

Once operational, 80 percent of the electricity generated by the project will be used by the logistics center, and the remaining 20 percent will be delivered to the municipal utility grid.

Liansheng Miao, chairman, CEO, Yingli Green Energy, stated, “We are providing solar modules to this demonstration project. Institutions throughout Hubei province’s bonded logistic zone have transitioned to sustainable, low-carbon energy generation in recent years.”

[email protected]